Libra Tutors creates bespoke support through advising on timelines, course and university selection, experience building and personal statement drafting. Every application is different so we work with students to convey what makes them stand out as a prime candidate for their chosen institution.
The complexity of university applications can be confusing and stressful as the October or January deadlines approach. We are accustomed to guiding domestic and international students through the UK university admissions process. Our subject-specialist tutors support students regarding the following key aspects of applying to university:
Introduction to the UCAS procedure
Research of relevant courses
Relevant advice on universities, specific colleges & halls of residence
One-on-one lessons to prepare for academia at University
Personal Statement advice and guidance in redrafting
Interview preparation & developing critical thinking
Integration into university life
For more information on how we can support your admissions process, or for a free tailored copy of the timeline below, please contact us now.
Undergraduate Admissions Timeline
how libra tutors fits in
- We provide a free consultation to see how best we can support you.
- In our Easter residential in March of lower sixth, we will work with you on subject specific tuition, preparation of personal statements, and application support to equip you with the skills and information you need to work on your applications throughout the Summer.
- In our Summer residential, for those between lower and upper sixth, we will work with you to complete your personal statements and finalise your applications with a view to submission in early December of upper sixth.
- After your application has been submitted, we will support you in subject specific tuition in the lead up to your final exams at the end of upper sixth.
- In our Easter residential, immediately before your final exams, we will work with you in order to provide you with the best chance of success in obtaining grades that may be a condition of entry to your chosen university. The course will include subject specific tuition and exam coaching.
Overview of steps
Students should begin researching universities and courses from the start of lower sixth and begin preparation for their personal statements and applications as early as February of lower sixth.
In November of upper sixth, students should be fine tuning their application(s) and personal statement(s) with a view to submitting them by December of upper sixth.
The ultimate deadline is 6pm on 15 January of upper sixth but given the level of competition for places, we recommend that applications are submitted well in advance of this deadline and by no later than December of upper sixth.
Students should then focus on subject specific competence in order to secure the best chances of obtaining the grades they are aiming for which could be a condition of entry into their chosen university.
Below is a selection of tutors from our University Admissions Team who will be able to help your child with his or her application process.