As with all higher education institutions, you need to be able to demonstrate your full academic potential. We draw upon extensive experience to offer tailored support programmes to maximise your chances of securing a place by:
- Designing a preparatory programme of reading material for tutors to guide you through.
- Drafting a unique and outstanding personal statement reflective of your prime candidacy.
- Advising on timelines, course and college selection to ensure an effective and efficient fit.
We will help you maximise your chance of attending these prestigious institutions by building on your academic strengths and helping you develop confidence as an independent, determined scholar.
Experts at providing Oxbridge interview coaching, our tutors will improve your articulation of concepts and ideas. All of our tutors have first-hand experience of the application and interview process; collaborating with them will dramatically increase your chances of success.
For more information on how we can support your Oxbridge admissions process, or for a free tailored copy of the timeline below, please contact us now.
Oxbridge Admissions Timeline
how libra tutors fits in
- We recommend an early free consultation to see how best we can support you.
- In our Easter residential in March of lower sixth, we will work with you on subject specific tuition, preparation of personal statements, and application support to equip you with the skills and information you need to work on your applications throughout the Summer.
- In our Summer residential which concludes in September of upper sixth, shortly before the October deadline, we will work with you to complete your personal statements and finalise your applications.
- After your application has been submitted in October of upper sixth, we will support you in preparing for interviews by providing bespoke interview coaching with interviews taking place in early December of upper sixth.
- We will then continue to support you in subject specific tuition and exam coaching in the lead up to your final exams at the end of upper sixth, in order to provide you with the best chance of success in obtaining grades that may be a condition of entry to your chosen university.
Overview of steps
This timeline also applies to other universities for courses in medicine, dentistry, and veterinary science/medicine.
Students should begin researching universities and courses from the start of lower sixth.
In August before the start of upper sixth, students should be fine tuning their application(s) and personal statement(s) with a view to submitting them by the 15 October deadline. They should also be continuously working on their subject knowledge.
In October/November of upper sixth, students should begin interview preparation with interviews taking place in early December.
In March/April of upper sixth, students should be confident in their subject knowledge and should be preparing for final exams.
Below is a selection of tutors from our Oxbridge Admissions Team who will be able to help your child with his or her application process.