Code of Practice
To provide exceptional education in the form of advice, tuition and mentoring to students around the world.
We achieve this by:
- Working with exceptional educators who encourage independent learning;
- Matching students and tutors by considering the student's individual needs;
- Making the administration of tutoring simple and straightforward for you;
- Providing resources and support to our tutors and students;
- Carefully tracking progress to ensure students are on course to achieve their goals.
All our tutors go through a rigorous vetting process. Before introducing a tutor we promise:
- To interview each tutor personally;
- To check the CV, experience and education of each potential tutor;
- To request a DBS Security Check from every tutors;
- To ensure that only tutors that pass our assessment will be taken on.
Our tutor-student matching process is about more than matching locations and subjects. We use our in-depth knowledge of student learning styles and the favoured methods of our tutors to ensure there is a close educational bond between students and tutors.
- You request tuition or guidance though our website enquiry form or by phone and we will respond within 24 hours.
- Our educational consultant may ask follow-up questions to aid matching and in some cases, may ask to carry out a direct assessment.
- We will recommend two available tutors to you within 48 hours of your first contact. This gives you choice and puts control in your hands.
- Your selected tutor will contact you with 24 hours to arrange the first session.
- We will regularly check that the tuition is meeting your needs and will always be available to discuss your child's education.
REPORTS AND PROGRESS TRACKING
After matching a student and tutor, we continue to support you and your child. Our tutors will provide a report for each tutorial reviewing what was covered and what progress was made. We will monitor reports and contact you directly to ensure that the student is on track to achieve their goals.
We provide resources on request for parents, students and tutors and encourage our tutors to set work for completion outside of sessions to develop independent working skills.
When you sign up, you will be provided with a Parental Login to manage your tuition. The reports are visible at any time by logging into your account through our website. At the end of each month, you will receive a report for all hours of tuition completed.
Our tuition starts at £45 an hour inclusive of all taxes and charges. The exact cost will depend on the level of tuition and what is required of a tutor.
There are no hidden costs.
There is no registration fee.
One of our consultants will be happy to discuss this with you and we will always advise you on all of the costs before contacting tutors. You will only ever receive invoices from us and any taxes will be included as part of the agreed hourly fee. Your tutor will never ask you to pay them directly and you will not be liable for any costs that have not been agreed in advance.
- When you sign up you will be provided with a Parental Login to manage your tuition and bills.
- We ask for a deposit for the approximate value of the first three sessions.
- At the end of each month you will receive an invoice for all hours and pre-agreed expenses.
- The deposit is reclaimable against monthly invoices.
- Please check the invoice and make payment by way of bank transfer.
Libra Tutors firmly believes in equal access to education. Founders Oscar and Sonia have both benefitted from full academic bursaries throughout their education and with Sonia having graduated from Teach First, they believe that every student, no matter what their background, should have access to the same exceptional educators.
We work with schools and individuals to support students with a full range of academic endeavours from entrance exams, to GCSEs and through to university applications.
We have a limited number of scholarships available every year with students given access to bespoke support. If you think you might be eligible, please contact us today to find out more details about how you can apply.